The Diary of Mrs. S

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

What Superbowl?

To start, had a pretty busy weekend. Went to a wedding Saturday night and out to dinner and drinks with Blue Angel and our hubbies. Had a couple of daquiri's and was out cold when I got home. Refer to lack of sleep post..... Anyway, Sunday was another adventure. My mom has been married to my stepdad for 16 or 17 years, so I have been around the Bartlett Fire Departments most of my life. Superbowl Sunday was my mom's birthday. My stepdad invited a few of us out to station 4 to have shrimp, chicken wings, chips, cake and ice cream. Kind of a combination Superbowl party/Birthday party. Honestly, I don't think the other firemen liked us being there during the game. But, who cares. We made sure we did not walk in front of the television. They are lucky they didn't get a call during the game. I can hear the moaning and groaning about that. Anyway, at one point in the night, the lights in living area flickered. No one really thought anything about it. My mom kept telling me she smelled something burning, but I couldn't smell anything. A little while later, one of the firemen got up and felt a lightswitch on the wall. Next thing I know, I hear "WE HAVE A HOT WIRE!". Okay, you are thinking, "so, that doesn't sound funny". Well it was the fact that this fireman appeared to go into panic mode about this hot switch and hot wall. I thought he was going to go get an ax and bust through the wall. At this point, I don't know whether to be concerned or not. No one else seems to be. A couple other firemen went over to feel the switch, but the other two kept their eyes glued to the television. I wish I had my camera cuz it would have been a classic picture. You would think taking off the plate to get to the wires under the switch would be a one man job. But I quote my mom "How many firemen does it take to take off a switch plate?". It really was quite funny. At least we were at the best place to be if the wires had had time to burst into flames. Seriously, I appreciate the work of our Fire Departments, but it was just funny to watch. So, Happy Birthday to my Mom and thank you Bartlett Fire Department #4 for the entertainment.

****Help!! As I was reading my post I leaned against my keyboard, and now every website I bring up is in GIANT letters. How do I change it back?*****

Nevermind, I kept leaning on it and messing with the mouse. It is back to normal now.

2 Comments:

  • Funny you mention that about the hot wire. Once, when I was young, my sister and I were sitting in the living room and all the electronic stuff (tv, microwave, lamps, etc.) started going nuts. The wires in our walls had burst into flames and the Bartlett fire station (not sure which one) saved us. Big, brave firemen, lol.

    By Blogger Kimpossible, At 8:40 AM  

  • HA! I know you are a Grey's Anatomy fan so all I can think about is "We have a CODE BLACK!"

    By Blogger Silly Hily, At 11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home