The Diary of Mrs. S

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

A Late Night Thought

Cancer (June 22-July 22) Cancers are imaginative, dramatic, philosophical, nurturing and protective. You’re best at dispensing advice, so consider law, psychology, teaching, nursing or social work for your life’s vocation.

I knew there was a reason for my love of psychology. It's all in the stars, I guess. I actually do love taking care of people. A job in the Psychology profession just doesn't pay enough. I figured a good way to still help people and be involved in peoples lives is to go into pharmacy. I grew up in a pharmacy. I used to go to work with my mom when I was as young as 7 years old. I love most of my customers. (Of course there are those who are never happy) You really get to know these people and their family. I sincerely take interest in how they are doing. I take care of my regulars. And when they haven't seen me in awhile, they let me know they are glad to see me. That makes me feel so good!

I know I often doubt if I have the energy to continue with school. I just get so tired of studying and writing papers. I know in the end it will all be worth it and gratifying. I just want to make my children proud of me (the children that have yet to be delivered from the stork). I know I am and always have been proud to say that my mom is a pharmacist. Bottom line, I grew up with a mother who was a professional, and I respect that. That is what I strive to be. I want to be that role model for my children. That is the inspiration that pushes me through school. Sometimes my determination walks out the door, but all I have to do is talk to my mom and her encouraging words open the door again. She loves what she does and has never had any other job. Most pharmacists I know love what they do. That also is encouraging.

As of right now, my plan is to begin UT Pharmacy School in the fall of 2007. I know it sounds far away, but I don't let that get me down. I hope I don't have to move somewhere else to go to pharmacy school. That does not fit into my plans. I'm not sure what I would do if faced with that situation. I'll just have to cross that bridge if I get to it. If I can just make it past all the pre-req's, I know I will enjoy pharmacy school.

2 Comments:

  • Don't worry, you're gonna make it. Then you can proudly show off that diploma to everyone. I admire your determination and strength in keeping up with it all. Stay strong!

    By Blogger It's Kimpossible!, At 8:28 AM  

  • I also admire you for finding something that you love enough to pursue it for this long. I don't think I'll ever know what I want to be when I grow up.

    By Blogger Silly Hily, At 8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home