The Diary of Mrs. S

Sunday, January 08, 2006

What a Crock of ......

Ok, so I knew I would be getting a raise. All the pharmacy technicians would be getting these raises. And although I do not plan on being a CPht for the rest of my life, the amount of the raise was quite a surprise. First thought, "yeah, more shopping money for Jana!!!", cuz that's about all my paycheck can afford. I only work to support my habit. I'm really not that bad. Anyway, I got my first paycheck with the raise on it. I wasn't expecting much because I slacked off and didn't work but 50 hours in two weeks. But, much to my surprise, it was more than if I had worked my normal 64 hours. Ah Ha! The raise. Cool. Did my calculations because I was puzzled. Lo and Behold, I make more now as a Certified Pharmacy Technician than I did as a Counselor at a Drug Rehab Center. That's even after a raise at the rehab center. How messed up is that?! I have a damn Bachelor's Degree in Psychology and make more as a pharmacy technician. Now I know why I went back to school. Just pisses me off that the first $20,000 education is hanging on the wall in a big fancy frame not making me any money. Done.
No, wait. I am not done. What am I to do now with my new found riches (yea, right). Well, one would assume I would "take a hit", which is what Dave calls my "shopping". No, I can't. Why? Because some stupid moron decided to steal my checkcard number and buy a couple of phones over the internet and then made a few calls to Egypt using my checkcard number to bill it to. Luckily, not much damage was done and I will get my money back in a few days. The real kicker, my checkcard had to be cancelled and I refuse to be a "check writer" at the mall. So, on this Sunday off, I can't go shopping cuz Dave is playing golf....with his checkcard. Our numbers are different even though same account. In the mean time, I'll deal with not having my beloved checkcard and will be checking the mailbox for my new one.

1 Comments:

  • Congrats on the raise! And OH NO someone did NOT steal your checkcard #! That would piss me off to NO END! I feel your pain being stuck at home on the weekend not shopping. That majorly sucks! Here's to hoping that you can shop like a rich girl on your next day off!

    By Blogger Silly Hily, At 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home