The Diary of Mrs. S

Thursday, January 19, 2006

One for the Women

Top Ten Reasons Why I Dislike U of M

1. Risking my life to cross Southern or Central Avenues.
2. The trains that come every 15 minutes and blow their whistles the entire time.
3. Sorority girls
4. The football and basketball players who think they run the place.
5. Power Point Presentations are how they teach.
6. The tuition that keeps going up.
7. Having 200 people in a class.
8. Cell phones going off in every class.
9. Feeling like a big sister (not the sorority kind) to the girls I have classes with.
10. Those walking right next to each other who feel the need to yell to their friends, even though I don't know how they understand each other.

Now that I have that off my chest, I have some interesting news.

Ladies, we have a tendency to be more emotional than our male counterparts. I, myself, am no exception. Alas, I have good news. Forgive me, I will be getting a little scientific. Everyone has a lacrimal gland above each eye. This lacrimal gland is what provides the lubricant and fluid for our eyes. This fluid drains to the inner corner of our eyes and down through the nasolacrimal duct of the nasal area. Okay, right? Well, when we get overly emotional, out of joy or sadness, more lacrimal fluid is produced. So much so that the duct cannot keep up therefore, tears fall. Now we can blame our tears on the failure of our nasolacrimal ducts, not that we are girls and cry over everything. That's going to be my new excuse! I actually learned this today in Anatomy and Physiology, and I just couldn't keep it to myself. I am contemplating having a weekly A & P "Interesting Facts" segment. What do you think? I could do a weekly Organic Chemistry blog, but I think Blogspot would boycott me for torturing innocent readers. Oooh, maybe I'll have a weekly "Top Ten"!! Told you I was going to get cheesy!

3 Comments:

  • The ONLY reason I don't have a "weekly" something is b/c I haven't thought of one to have yet. The Top 10 idea or the "interesting facts" type thing get my vote.
    I'm sorry you are having to put up with the U of M! This too shall pass darling.

    By Blogger Silly Hily, At 4:18 PM  

  • I would love having a weekly A&P fact. Actually, I would love an Organic Chem blog, but I'm totally a nerd.

    And nothing's wrong with my glands. They rarely, if ever, overflow. : ))

    By Blogger takinchances, At 2:46 PM  

  • I like both ideas. The top ten sounds like fun. A & P sounds interesting. I used those glands to day at the funeral, but then I almost laughed because it made me think of you. Do you think I will think of you everytime they overflow now? Kisses.

    By Blogger Blue Angel, At 4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home