The Diary of Mrs. S

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Sleep

Who needs it? That's a bold statement coming from someone who really loves her sleep! But, lately, I haven't been getting much of it. It's almost 1:00 am right now. Not only does my secret night life (haha) keep me up late at night but school work as well. For some reason, I seem to get more done at night. I like to clean at night, do homework at night, basically anything. (I get that from my mom) I guess it is because I am home alone and must pass the time. If I just sit on the couch all night, my minds starts going ninety-to-nothing about everything. Sometimes it is just not good to think too much. Okay, I am not going to correct that typo....it is kinda funny. Maybe some sort of Freudian slip. (in case you don't know..."my minds" is what I am referring to) It doesn't help that my soap comes on SoapNet at midnight either. I may be tired and can hardly keep my eyes open, but I will put off going to bed, even when I am not doing anything. I have to do something to clear my head at night, mostly I do this with a hot bath. I also think I will miss something while I am asleep. Sometimes, I just force myself to take something. Not often, and I'm not a pharmacist yet, but I do not recommend prescription sleep aids except for occasional use. Anyway, I may take a Benadryl or Melatonin, in dire cases. The problem with that is, I have crazy dreams when I take something. My guess is because I get into a deep sleep. For example, the other night, I dreamt napagirl's sweetie sweetie (sorry, not to worry you) had been in a horrible car accident in Florida and died. It woke me up in a panic that night! I remember telling myself to wake up. I was glad when I finally did. Most of the dreams I have when I take something are of someone dying. I forget that when I take something, then remember in the morning what I have done. But, from now on, I think I will swear off taking anything at all. If I am going to dream, why can't I dream about some fantasyland, ehhemm.
So, off to bed I go only to wake up tired cuz I have to work, and I stayed up too late. The story of my life.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home