The Diary of Mrs. S

Thursday, February 16, 2006

A Time To Vent

I know most everyone has their bad days at work. It is WORK. Most of my days are pretty good. This week has been a bit of a challenge, and I have only worked 2 days this week. We have been extremely busy. I have also just found out we have enough hours for another full time technician. Why don't we have one? Dunno. Basically, my work week consists of eight hour shifts on Mon, Wed, Fri, and Sat. I always work Saturdays, unless I want off for something. Again, I work EVERY Saturday!!! Do I complain? Not until now. After a little over two years, I am damn tired of working Saturdays and wondering if I will be able to get off for things I want to do. So, this Saturday, I wanted off to go to a "fun" party, which I have never gone to. I had already expressed last Saturday that I was taking this Saturday off. (Saturdays have been hell lately!) I also said something Wednesday night to another technician. I saw the schedule wasn't up, so I had planned on calling my manager today (she wasn't there yesterday) and asking her about Saturday. Our work week goes from Saturday to Friday. Thursday afternoon, I get a message on my answering machine asking me to call work because they wanted to verify that it was this Saturday, and I quote, "Two days away" that I wanted off. Forgive me for getting pissed at that comment. No, the request wasn't made weeks in advance. BUT, everybody pouts if they have to work a weekend shift. Deal with it. I deserve to have a Saturday off. Like I mentioned above, Saturdays have been really busy. Too busy for two people to handle. I have asked for another person to come in and help. Don't get me wrong, I am an extremely hard worker and when everyone else is standing around flapping their gums, I am the one answering the phone, waiting on customers, etc. Seriously, I am the hardest working person there. I work hard, that is who I am. I take my job seriously. So, for them to get pissy that I wanted off in two days, well, they can kiss it. I may have no basis for my complaint, but I just needed to get it off my chest! And guess what, I am not working on March 11 (hopefully will be out of town with Blue Angel) nor March 18 (5 year wedding anniversary), so they are just going to have to get over it. So, there.

2 Comments:

  • I've seen you in action and you are a very hard worker and you totally deserve to be off to go to your FIRST fun party!

    By Blogger Silly Hily, At 3:42 PM  

  • Two Saturdays in a row...they are going to be upset! Don't forget you'll be off atleast one or two Saturdays in July. :) We have the condo from Sun-Sun. Two vacations together in a year. That's a miracle! Oh, and you can b*#!^ all you want, it is YOUR blog.

    By Blogger Blue Angel, At 7:50 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home