The Diary of Mrs. S

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Leeps and Bounds

Well, I survived! The much anticipated LEEP was nothing. Seriously. My mom insisted that she go with me even though I was not told that anyone needed to go with me. But, it was comforting to know that she was in the waiting room. Ok, so I get there, undress from the waist down (one good thing about this was not having to be completely naked!) with the exception of the socks. Gotta have the socks. The nurse returns to the room to let me know the doc is on the way and leaves again. She comes right back and says, I quote, "Oh, I know one thing I need to do. I need to ground you." Ground me! I told her that sounded a bit freaky. But since they were going to have an electrified wire inside of me, I guess I needed to make sure I wouldn't get electrocuted. The doc comes in, explains a few things and lets me know that the preparation is the worst and longest part of the procedure. Ya know, she was right! The only thing I felt, and it was a minor twinge, was the first two needle pricks of the numbing agent. After that, I couldn't feel a thing in there. They started up the machine, which is kinda loud, told me not to move and in 3 seconds it would be over. And it was. I was in and out of the doctor's office in 30 minutes. The LEEP was so much better than the colposcopy.

The doc told me she was a little conservative in removing the tissue, didn't go too deep to ensure no problems with my cervix whenever I get pregnant. I learned that these cells were at Stage 2, which is a little high risk for developing into cancer. Though she did say she didn't believe they were even pre-cancerous yet, but she wanted to be safe. I was able to finally exhale and relax. I go back in 4 months for a check-up, and I should hear about the results in about a week. For those that gave kind, encouraging words, thank you. I really had nothing to worry about, but I worry. That's just who I am.

2 Comments:

  • I'm so glad that's over and you don't have to worry about it anymore. I had a "cryo" instead of the Leep and it wasn't bad either, esp. compared to the "culpo"! They really need to numb you for that too, don't they!

    By Blogger Silly Hily, At 10:04 AM  

  • So good to hear everything went smoothly and painlessly. Nothing like your mom to make things better. Let us know about the results!

    By Blogger It's Kimpossible!, At 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home