The Diary of Mrs. S

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Did you know.....

That the frogs we caught as kids are actually toads. AND, that they are very poisonous. The have venom in the "warts" on their skin that is deadly! So, mommies, don't let your babies play with toads. This fine bit of info came from my A&P professor.

4 Comments:

  • HA! I used to chase my sister around with "frogs." Ewwwwww!

    By Blogger Silly Hily, At 3:41 PM  

  • Thanks for totally freaking me out. My kid is poisoned now b/c i told her it was okay to play with the frogs. Thanks a lot. lol

    By Blogger lizziep901, At 10:18 AM  

  • How is it possible that a frog is a toad?A frog is a water dwelling creature,where as toads live on land.Toads do have poisonous warts,but only if you touch it and then lick your hand,or actually put the toad in your mouth.

    Frogs are not harmful.I wouldn't recommend for kids to play with toads however,as kids usually don't wash their hands or no enough to keep their hands out of their mouths until they've washed them

    By Anonymous The Mountain Man, At 11:42 PM  

  • Here in Tennesse, we call 'em frogs. Did not know they were actually toads and that frogs really were only around water. That was what was so interesting to me.

    By Blogger Lucky Gem, At 10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home