The Diary of Mrs. S

Thursday, November 30, 2006

I Need to Vent

Ok, tomorrow I am going to put my foot down and almost give an ultimatum to my pharmacy manager. I don't know if I'm just weak or what, but I haven't exactly have an easy pregnancy. I was sick for the first 5 1/2 months, had about one good month, and now I'm just plain tired and my back hurts alot. I work on my feet. There are no stools or chairs in the pharmacy, not that I would have time to sit down anyway.
I still took classes this semester, though I shouldn't have. It has proved to be too much. I had cut my hours at work to 3 days a week, then slowly my manager would ask me to work an extra day. Now, this week I am working five days, and next week she has me scheduled five days. Y'all, I just can't do it. I physically can barely walk by the end of my shifts. I'm usually good for about 4-5 hours, but after that, my back is killing me and I start feeling bad. There's a few of you that know how hard of a worker I am, and I don't get any help from my fellow technicians. Am I just a pu$$y and need to suck it up, or am I in the right by requesting less hours? I just don't want to stress me or my body out too much.
The ultimatum....either take me off at least one day next week or I'll just go ahead and take my leave now. It's an issue right now because one of the other technicians is going on leave starting next Thursday for some surgery that all of the sudden she decided to have (coincidentally as I will take my leave soon too........hmmm, you decide) and another technician requested off the entire week next week to study for finals. But, if I had asked off, I probably would have been told no. Why, because that place will be chaotic without me. I'm not cocky about that, it's the truth. Ask What The Hell. My customers are even asking me what they are going to do without me. I have a very strong work ethic. I put my customers before any chit chat. My fellow technicians don't seem to acknowledge my hard-working ass! Whoa, sorry. That was vicious. I could go on for days. I really do enjoy my job. But a lot of the times, my fellow employees make it difficult for me.
Okay, I feel better now. Thanks for listening.

4 Comments:

  • There is nothing wrong with requesting fewer hours! Hello! You are in the middle of making another HUMAN BEING! Your health and Ryan's health have to come first. No matter what. You're doing the right thing and if they won't let you work less hours, then, by all means, take your leave now!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:50 AM  

  • Do what is best for you and your family. I love you. Do I need to go to work and slap some people areound? lol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:18 AM  

  • You have to do what is best for you and Ryan. Don't sweat those people. They need to step up.

    By Blogger takinchances, At 1:23 PM  

  • Oh hell no it's not wrong to put your foot down. You are pregnant and should NOT be on your feet for hours at a time. Esp. not if it's causing you pain, in any way, shape, or form. Even if you do only work 4 days, you still need a stool back there so you can at least sit down ever few minutes if you need to. Do you have a maternity brace? If not, get one! They really help. If you don't have one, call me and I'll tell you where to go to get the best. They are totally worth it.
    Your health is THE most important thing right now. Period. If your body is stressed in any way, it could cause problems and you need to avoid that at all costs. You are not being a pu$$y.

    Can't wait to see you Sunday!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home