The Diary of Mrs. S

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Wednesday's Wise Question

I thought I would post earlier in the day today. Usually I post later or after Lovey goes to bed.

Wednesday's question is:

"Who cheated you? Friend, enemy, or a stranger? Write about the experience."

Man, what a question. Let me think....

A stranger. A stranger cheated me of my comfort and security while at work. I probably should have never felt "secure" at work these days. A year and a half ago (The Friday night before Hurricane Katrina hit that Sunday) a man was walking near the pharmacy. Showing good customer service (I'm guilty of giving good service, so sue me) I asked him if he needed help finding anything. He had a container of Lysol wipes in his hand. He walked over, put them down on the counter at the counseltation window and said he wanted to buy them. I asked him to step around to the register so I could ring him up. Nevermind that he had absolutely nothing pertaining to medicine to buy, but I'm nice like that. He put the wipes on the counter followed by a medicine vial and a piece of paper which stated that he had a gun and to do what he asked. He wanted the bottle filled with Hydrocodone 10mg (Lortab 10). It's about the strongest C-III medication. C-II meds such as Morphine, Percocet, Adderall, etc, are kept locked up. I filled his bottle up. The hydrocodone was in an automatic counter thing, so I entered to count out 100 tablets, filled it up, and gave it to him. Asshole.
I was scared, shaken. I had never had to call 911 before. We immediately shut the windows so the police could do their jobs. A couple of weeks later, after doing the same to 5 other drugstores, the man was caught. I ID'd him, but thankfully didn't have to go to court. I'm not really sure what ever happened to him, but every once in a while I realize it could have been different.
So yeah, he took that away from me, and I will never be the same. I'm a little more aware of my surroundings now. At least I did gain something from it. I didn't break down until I was on my way home. Thankfully, it happened before Lovey or who knows what I would have done. I was always scared that somebody would come in and shoot us while I was pregnant. Now, I fear that still. Knowing I have Lovey makes me realize how important I am. She needs me, and I need to be here for her.
Don't even get me started on what the jackasses behind 9/11 took from me. I don't think I'll ever feel safe anymore. Now we have crazed gunman to worry about, too.

4 Comments:

  • OMG!! I literally have chills reading this!! I'm so sorry you had to go through that!! God how awful!! I don't know what I would have done..sounds like you did everything right and handled yourself...kudos for that..I don't think I would have been able to do that!! WOW is all I can say!!

    Isn't it a scary world?? God you just never know what will happen..what crazy people are out there!! It makes you think what is going through their mind..or should I say what isn't in their mind!!

    I'm so glad your ok!!

    By Blogger Kelly, At 2:03 PM  

  • Oh wow, that is horrible. I'm sorry you had to deal with that crap! I'm glad it turned out ok though.

    It's amazing how having a child makes you more aware of your own mortality.

    By Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is), At 3:11 PM  

  • Wow, girly...I certainly wasn't expecting THAT!! I can't even imagine how scared you were and how that changed your world. I'm sorry you had to go through that and very grateful you weren't hurt.

    I hate what our world is today...nothing like what we grew up in and the feelings of fear that our girls will grow up with. Hate it!!

    By Blogger Unknown, At 6:06 PM  

  • Wow your post gave me the chills too. The area my regular pharmacy is in is very rough. I am lucky that no one has had a gun so far...Sometimes I wish that there were more security measures in pharmacies nowadays. Sorry you don't know me I was just browsing blogs but I am so glad you're ok!! haha
    & you have an absolutely beautiful daughter.

    Also, I have a bachelors in psychology too (or will in a few months) and am applying to pharmacy school. I'm so nervous because I know how hard it is!!

    By Blogger Bethany, At 6:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home