The Diary of Mrs. S

Monday, February 05, 2007

It took me all day...damn Blogger

Did everyone have a good weekend? I had a pretty good one. Congrats to good ol' Peyton Manning. I am no football fan, barely even watched part of the game, but it was good to see the Colts win. I know the whole state of Tennessee is probably happy about that. Enough about that.


Baby S and I went to Target Saturday with my sister and Eva. It was interesting. I felt so strange walking into Target with a stroller (the whole carrier/stroller system). My sister and I both. We looked like stuck up (Collierville) moms. Actually, I hope not. We didn't stay very long. It was like Christmas time. The place was packed!! Ugh! It's a good thing I went with my sister. Getting the stroller out and carrier in place was fine. It was trying to get the carrier off the stroller that slowed me down. I didn't know how. We were laughing so hard. Imagine if I had been by myself. I would've have been calling my sister for help. My sister has the same time travel system. Then, though I had practiced, I couldn't get the darn thing folded. Took both of us. But now, I know. And it's really easy. Whew!


I then ventured to my mom's house. She hasn't gotten to spend much time with Baby S. Baby girl got rocked and snuggled by her Noni for two hours. It was the first time I had taken her over there. I was kind of putting it off only because that would open the door for Mr. S possibly wanting to take Baby S to his parents. I told him I wasn't ready to fight that battle yet. And, I think it's going to not only be a battle, but an all out war. Let's see how long I can avoid it! Any bets? I'm still dead set AGAINST taking my sweet little, tiny lunged baby girl to that smoke filled house. Remember. At the hospital, Mr. S's mom (I'm not too keen on calling her my MIL), would go outside and smoke 4-5 cigarettes in a row. Ugh! She calls almost every day. She came over yesterday to hold Baby S. When she coughed, she covered her mouth but didn't turn her head. I gave her a look, hopefully got the hint. Really, I just don't know what to do. I don't want to get into a big ol' fight with Mr. S. We don't fight, really, we don't. This subject is tough. It's his parents, but it's our little girl. I don't even want to think about it right now. So, that's enough for now. I'm sure I'll have to gripe about it some other time.


Tonight Mr. S goes back to work. I'm a little nervous about how to handle the overnight shift. I haven't really had to do that. I'm also looking forward to it. I need to see what it's like. I'll let you know.


Baby S had her two week check up today. She's up to 7lb 13oz and 21.5 inches. Wow, I can't believe how much she has grown. At her appointment at 4 days, she was down to 6lbs 14 oz, so in a just over a week, she gained nearly a pound and grew an inch! After her appointment, I made a solo trip to Kohl's. Just me and Baby S, to get her Noni a photo album for her birthday so she can show off her grandbabies. We did good. It was fun.


I wrap up today's progamming with a picture of the cousins, Eva and Ryan.









1 Comments:

  • You'll be surprised at how well you will be able to handle things with Mr. S gone back to work. Just try to get as much sleep as you can.

    I always loved (most of the time) getting up in the middle of the night with Alyssa and getting up with her 1st thing in the morning. It's quiet and it's just the two of you, perfect mommy/daughter bonding time.

    As for the in-laws, I agree with you. If they want to smoke in their own home, fine, but they should not expect you to bring your child over there to be around it. Be firm about that. I just hope it doesn't cause any friction.

    By Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is), At 4:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home