The Diary of Mrs. S

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

I made it!

My first night alone with my baby girl, and we survived. It wasn't so bad. She went to sleep around 9:45 pm, slept until 1:00 am, as I expected. Then she woke up again around 4:30 am, except this time she was ready to play. She was bright-eyed and awake for almost 2 hours. Then, we slept until 9:30 this morning. I am on my second cup of coffee. I am a only-out-of-necessity coffee drinker. But, I'm doing good so far today!


Last night, we went out to dinner for my mom's birthday. Yummy, steak dinner. I don't have much time right now, but of course, here's a picture of the cousins from last night.


4 Comments:

  • See!! Glad things went well for both of you! Before you know it you will put her down at 9:45 and you will wake up before she does and, of course, freak out, lol.

    By Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is), At 2:16 PM  

  • I am so glad it went well for you.. it will get easier.. i swear!..

    and stay strong on the smoking... and that is from a smoker.

    By Blogger What The Hell Is This?, At 3:29 PM  

  • Congratulations on making it through the night!

    On the smoking thing....it is your child..you have every right to request they not smoke around your child. If they want to see their grandchild on a regular basis..they will realize how important this is to you and ablige to your wishes!

    By Blogger Kelly, At 3:55 PM  

  • Way to go Mom! It will get easier. It might be a while but eventually, it'll happen. Like Rachel said, before you know it, you'll wake up before she does and rush into her room and put your hand on her back to make sure she's breathing.
    Put your foot down on the smoking thing. You only have her health in mind and there is nothing wrong with that. Just goes to show that you are a good mother.

    By Blogger Silly Hily, At 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home