The Diary of Mrs. S

Friday, June 30, 2006

7th Heaven Confession

Occasionally, I may catch an episode or two of 7th Heaven. And while I never really watched it before, I did try to watch a few episodes of this last season. I don't know why. Maybe because on Monday nights at 10:00 pm, there's nothing else on except the news. I did manage to watch some of the series finale also. It ended a little cheesy, but who cares. Guilty pleasure. So, the other night, some reruns came on. Yes, I watched both of them. They were from this last season. One episode made me think. The set up: Rose and one of the Camden boys (don't really know all the characters) were making the their guest list for their wedding. Rose had put her ex-boyfriend on the list to invite him. The fiance did not know about this, but Rev. Camden found out and advised Rose to talk to him about it. And was she inviting him for the right reason or to make the ex-boyfriend jealous?

Rewind just over 5 years ago when I was making my wedding guest list. I can think of two ex-boyfriends that I invited to my wedding. One of these guys I actually dissed, not once, but kinda twice for my hubby. He did not come to my wedding. The other guy, an on-again off-again fling throughout middle school and high school, did come. And, we are still friends. But, I started wondering if I invited them for the right reason, and to be honest, at 21 probably not.

I'm racking my brain trying to figure out if I have been to any of my exes' weddings. I went to a wedding of a guy I went out on a few dates with but nothing serious at all. Come to think of it, I was told I would get an invitation to the above said ex's wedding who came to my wedding, but never got one. Hmm...

So, I am just wondering if anyone else invited an ex to their wedding?

4 Comments:

  • Nope, no exes at the wedding. Then again, we are not friends with any of our exes. I am still on good terms with one guy that I had a small fling with and Andy has met him on several occassions, but I wouldn't say we were FRIENDS. However, we don't see him often anyway and it would have made Andy uncomfortable, so no invite.

    By Blogger It's Kimpossible!, At 11:47 AM  

  • Yes, I did invite an ex. But, he didn't come. His roommate threw away the invitation. (WT) But, I also went to see his baby when he was born. I never would have invited BC. Jason would have objected and it would have been awkward. I wouldn't really think of the few groomsman as ex's, so they don't count. I went to an ex's (JC) and I remember being so nervous for him. I thought he was making a mistake and I still think he did. I think I invited WT for the right reason. I hope I did. He and Bubba are still friends.

    By Blogger Blue Angel, At 1:20 PM  

  • Nope, no ex at my wedding. And I've never been invited to an ex's wedding either. This is all fine by me!

    By Blogger Silly Hily, At 3:43 PM  

  • BTW, Rose is engaged to Simon, the second oldest Camden boy... Here is the character list...
    Matt oldest - Married to Sarah both of which graduated from Medical school.
    Mary - Jessica Biel.. you never see her anymore - Was married to Carlos, gave up her parental rights to her son Charlie when they divorced.
    Lucy - Married to Kevin Kinkirk with one little girl, Savanah.. another baby on the way.
    Simon - engaged to Rose
    Ruthie - Youngest girl. Off and on again relationship with long time boytoy Peter.
    Sam (twin 1)
    David (twin 2)

    I love the show.. it comes on channel 42 (in Lakeland) after Gilmore girls for 2 hours every night from 5-7(all of these are reruns from the beginning) and on Monday nights at 10. If you start watching the old ones now, Mom just found out she is pregnant with the twins.

    Oh, and invited ex's families, but not ex's.. hehehe

    By Blogger What The Hell Is This?, At 9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home