The Diary of Mrs. S

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Don't Work For My Husband IF....

-you are lazy
-you like to call in sick at least once a week
-you are habitually late
-you have two jobs, neither of which you can commit fully
-you don't want to be held accountable
-you think you can "get injured" sliding envelopes
-you can't stand up
-you think you can pull the wool over his eyes

I learned tonight that my husband has been coined "The Silent Killer" because people go into the conference area and never return to the work area. Don't get me wrong, my husband is not a hard ass, he just expects you to work while at work. A concept some people have had a difficult time processing. Dave has been a manager just over two years now and he has had a lot of employees come and go. Some he has fired and some he convinced to resign, my guess would be about 3o people. Boy, do I hear some stories! I admit, Dave could outdebate the president of the debate club. Now, he does make exceptions under unusual circumstances,etc, but he is consistent in running his operation. And guess what? Now, he doesn't write people up nearly as much because they know what he expects from them. His employees are very happy with him (as they reported to Dave's senior manager). He runs a tight ship, but he is good at what he does! He has been there going on 12 years, worked his way up from the very bottom tossing boxes. A prime example of hard work and dedication paying off (and without a lick of college). Needless to say, I am very proud of Dave.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home