The Diary of Mrs. S

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Truth Be Told

Do you ever pay attention to the "truth" commercials about the cigarette manufacturers? I also heard a commercial on the radio blaming these cigarette manufacturers. Okay, folks, is it me or do we not need to take responsibility for our own actions? I am not and never have been a smoker. That is my CHOICE. I choose to breath fresh air, so please, if it is raining, either deal with it or stand in the rain. Don't stand just outside the door for everyone coming out to walk through. (sorry, my little piece) Don't even get me started on "smoke breaks". Anyway, If you choose to smoke, that is your decision. A decision, none-the-less, that is made usually out of some sort of peer pressure. But, still a decision. It is something, however, that can also be quit. (Behavior modification, to start) I'm sure it is difficult. I am not saying it is easy. I know cigarettes are nothing but bad for one's health. But, is alcohol considered healthy? ( I know about the wine for your heart, but in moderation) How can one blame cigarette companies for manufacturing cigs and not blame Budweiser for processing yeast? Do people sue Coors for someone dying in a drunk driving accident? Correct me if I am wrong, I just haven't heard of such. It is kinda the same as suing Weston for manufacturing a gun that was used in a teen shooting. The gun doesn't shoot by itself. I haven't sued Coca-Cola for being addicted to caffeine. I know it is not good for me, but I choose to drink up anyway. (I don't, though, spit it in people's faces as they walk out the door.) In my opinion, yes my OPINION, many people do not want to take responsibility for their choices. It was not my intention to bash smokers. I will respect your decision to smoke as long as you respect my decision not to. But don't come to my pharmacy to refill your inhaler and buy some cigarettes. Hello?! I do not base my opinion about someone on whether or not they smoke, so don't get me wrong. I still loved Blue Angel when she did! I don't care if someone smokes, just don't blame the cigarettes and don't blow smoke in my face!

2 Comments:

  • Well said.

    By Blogger Silly Hily, At 8:32 AM  

  • That is the problem with our society. Our kids are not expected to take responsibility for their actions. They are told to blame things on some one else who could have prevented it or should have made the choice for them. Start working on our new names for New York!!

    By Blogger Blue Angel, At 10:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home