The Diary of Mrs. S

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Having a Baby Really Does Change Everything

I'm still not able to upload any pictures, so I guess I'll appease Kellie and blog. Just kidding, Kellie. I know I've been slacking. But jeez, I have a baby! Baby With Bear

Now, they really have it right. Having a baby DOES change everything. It changes you. It changes your family. It changes how and when you get ready to go somewhere. It changes how you sleep, oh boy! I know I was in denial about how much my, well, our life would change. We cheer when she burps. We hug when she sleeps. We shower a little more efficiently. We make lists for shopping because we WILL forget something if we don't. She is always on my mind. When I don't get to hold her for a while, I can't wait til I can. I wonder how I will do when I go back to work, even if it is only two days a week. Will she miss me? I know I will miss her.

Mr. S and I will be celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary March 18. I've asked my mom to babysit while we go out to dinner. We usually either go here or here. I guess we need to decide so we can make reservations. I know I won't worry about Baby S while we are out. I will, however, probably miss her. It's amazing, really. How such a tiny little soul can do that to you.

On a side note, BABY S IS SMILING on PURPOSE now!! It is so cute. She likes Patty Cake. And loves to be talked to. It's inevitable, she's gonna be a chatterbox. AND, she is six weeks old already. I held her a little extra on Monday because I thought, "She's only going to be six weeks old once." Who knew I could be such a sap. I just can't believe I've made it this long being sleep deprived. She does okay going back to sleep in the middle of the night, but once she is up at 5:30 or 6:00 am, she's up for a little bit. That's just when I feel like I have to go back to sleep. Eventually, I get her back to sleep, and we nap on the couch for another couple of hours.

Baby S goes later this month for her two month check up and SHOTS! I think I'm going to need someone to come hold my hand. Any volunteers? No? Really?


*Totally off the subject, but remember I said Mr. S's parents smoke like chimneys, and they went to Denver a couple of weeks ago. Denver, higher altitude, thinner air. Tennessee, thick, humid air. Getting my drift. My stepdad warned Mr. S that his parents were going to have a hard time breathing in Colorado. He called it. The day after they arrived, Mr. S's dad was put in the hospital and on oxygen because he couldn't breath.
I told Mr. S that they wouldn't blame it on smoking. I was right. His mom came to visit Baby S a few days after their return. Mr. S asked how his dad was doing. His mom remarked "He's not going back to Denver with me until he looses some weight." (he's a bit overweight, to say the least). WHAT!! Of course, Mr. S asked if he was still smoking and she said "Yes, but he needs to lose that weight." Dude, they won't even acknowledge that the smoking was the main reason. Aahhh!!

Baby S is waking. I've spent most of her nap blogging. Happy now? Mommy & Baby







4 Comments:

  • Smiling! How sweet! I know you just can't get enough.

    I cried when I took Alyssa to her two month check up. Ok, and her 4 month and 6 month and 12 month, whatever.

    By Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is), At 2:47 PM  

  • Someone my husband works with recently asked him if having a baby changed anything. He was like, "Yeah, duh!" But it's all good.

    Great post!

    By Blogger Isabel, At 3:01 PM  

  • THANK YOU!!! :)

    I, too, couldn't get over how everything changes. Even the littlest things like WHEN to shower or WHEN to go out.

    When Morgan was this age, she, too, would be up around 5:30 or 6 and we'd go back to sleep on the couch for a couple of hours. It WILL change. Before you know it, she'll be sleeping until 7 or 8 (later if you're lucky!! I'm THRILLED Morgan sleeps until 7 or 7:30!!).

    I AM sorry for busting on you for slacking. I really was joking. I know how hectic life can be and those rare "free" times are usually spent on more important things.

    I'll hold your hand for the shots. Not like I don't cry at my own kid's shot appointments. I hate being the parent that has to ALWAYS take her for shots.

    Yes, she WILL miss you when you go back to work. But, she also will knows you'll be back and that you love her more than life itself. Don't think about that yet. Enjoy the time at home with her.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:34 PM  

  • shots arent that bad. they only hurt for a short little moment. they forget them anyways... at least at this age. its taking the tiny bandaids off that hurt. =) and as for the sleep, think that is why moms have to pee so many times at night when they are pregnant... to get you used to not having a full night of sleep. zoe didnt sleep through the night until 4 1/2 months... but once she did...ahhhh! it was great!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home