The Diary of Mrs. S

Saturday, January 06, 2007

First day of Leave

Ahhh....even though I slept crappy, I woke up feeling a little refreshed knowing I didn't have to go to work. That's nice. No tears shed.

After reading this, I decided it was probably a good idea to take my infant seat back to Target, since it rated the worst. Yea, the picture of the infant see flying off the base, that's the one I had. It was cheap. I registered for it not thinking anyone would actually get it for me. But, I got it. So, I loaded it up this morning and met my mom at Target, where she had already pulled the Graco SnugRide one that fits my stroller. One of only two that passed the safety tests. I feel better, my mom feels better, and my sister and Baby Eva feel better about Baby S riding around town now. Not to mention, I spent nearly another $100 on top of the exchange at Target. I did buy a gift for someone, but still. I'm telling you, Mr. S needs to take the checkcard away now that I am off. No, seriously, I'm good. I won't go crazy shopping. I've got way too much to do around the house anyway.
Oh, shout out to Margarita. I ran into her at Target. Thanks for easing my mind about things. You are a sweetie and I love you!! Another shout out to Casey. Ran into her, too. Lovin' that little G'man, and you too!

Other things I have to do today:
  • Pack the hospital bag
  • Install the now safe infant seat in my car
  • Make a call list for when Baby S debuts
  • Go to Golf Galaxy (ok, so Mr. S wants to go)
  • Prop my feet up and relax!

Things I plan on doing before Baby S comes:

  • Clean the house from top to bottom, including baseboards, doors, trim.....it's not nesting. It's something I do, but I really want to get it done before Baby girl comes
  • Having dinner with Mr. S every night
  • Reading, I never get to read while in school and during my earlier months, reading made me sick. I just started a new book last night.
  • Relaxing!

4 Comments:

  • Enjoy this time off! You need the rest.

    By Blogger Blue Angel, At 4:07 PM  

  • Enjoy the time off!

    Nap, nap, nap. Sleep now.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:48 PM  

  • Take full advantage of your time off and just relax, because, you know that once the baby comes those times will be few and far between.

    By Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is), At 11:15 AM  

  • enjoy it.. but Jason has already commented on Walgreens going to the shitter now that you are not there.. I think he might like you. lol

    By Blogger What The Hell Is This?, At 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home