The Diary of Mrs. S

Thursday, September 14, 2006

What is in a name?

I NEED HELP! Seriously. I am stuck with no girl name. As a girl, I'm supposed to have already planned out my little girl's name, right? Well, not me. We had a boy name. Not that we wanted one over the other, we just only had a boy name. So, people I need your help. I would like to ask for suggestions, but first here are some criteria:

1. It can't be Hannah as it rhymes with Jana. Too bad because I love the name.
2. It can't be too trendy. I'm not such a fan of Emma, Madison, etc. Just not me.
3. It can't be too unique as I hated my name growing up, not that it is so unique but there was never anything with Jana on it, and that was important to me.
4. I would like the middle name to be Michelle, so it has to flow with that.
5. You can't be mad if you suggest a name that you would want to actually use and I end up using it, so be willing to give it up.

Am I being too picky here? The way I see it. I want a name that can be pronounced without question. I hate that I am called Janet, Janice, Dana, Gina, Jenna, etc..... I hate it, hate it, hate it!!!! So, I kinda have an issue with names, forgive me.

Honestly, I would like suggestions. so come out of the woodwork and gimme some names!!

Please.

6 Comments:

  • I would suggest something, but I'll have to think on it...I'm not giving you my girl baby name. :)

    By Blogger takinchances, At 6:57 PM  

  • I'm looking and thinking! I know, hard combo for me. ; )

    By Blogger Blue Angel, At 6:40 PM  

  • Casey Michelle is nice... lol.. so just kidding.
    I have a girls name, but I ain't partin' with it.

    I will try to think for you.

    By Blogger What The Hell Is This?, At 10:34 AM  

  • I will give you a name that I absolutely love and you can have it b/c Tony gave it a no.
    Leah
    Leah Michelle
    Flows nicely I think.

    And about the pronunciation thing, seriously, people are stupid and I don't care if you name your girl Ashely, someone will screw it up. I never thought Mia would be a problem but you would be amazed at the number of people who pronounce it like Mya (you know, like the singer). Drives me crazy but eh, what can you do.
    It's not stupid at all that you are putting so much thought into it. I have issues with names also. A name is your identity. It's a big deal.

    By Blogger Silly Hily, At 8:50 AM  

  • Oh, I also like the name Darcy.

    By Blogger Silly Hily, At 8:50 AM  

  • Since we will not have any kids you can have mine but it does not follow all of rules but if you like it
    Everest Ann
    or maybe
    Haley Michelle

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home