The Diary of Mrs. S

Monday, May 15, 2006

Two Words:

Grey's Anatomy. I don't know if anything has ever tugged at my heart as much as Doc having to be put to sleep. I just kept thinking about my Cody. One reason I did not want a dog was because of the inevitable. As many know, death scares the hell out of me. Or maybe it's just cause it hurts too damn much. Dave and I often avoid the subject of Cody getting old. He's almost 6 now. Still young, but he is part of Dave and I. He is our illegitimate dog and my mom's first granddog. We were engaged and living together when we got him. When Cody gets in trouble, I still call him by my maiden name! Dave always corrects me though. Stop it, Jana. Don't even think about it. Anyway, Blue and I were talking after the show. The part in the Vet's office was the hardest for us both. Crazy?! I was babysitting my niece and nephew while watching the show. I was trying to hide it from them that I was crying....over a dog. Whew, I looked and they were both asleep. I just knew I would get the third degree. With JJ, he would make sure he told everybody that Aunt Jana cried when the dog got put to sleep.

Periodically, Dave and I talk about getting another dog for Cody to play with. Seeing dogs play together makes us feel bad for not having Cody a friend. He's been an only dog for so long. We are starting to seriously discuss it again. The cons about getting another dog are 1) Two big dogs to feed 2) Two big dogs to board when we go on vacations 3) The vet bills for TWO dogs. If we do decide to get another dog, it won't be until after we get back from Destin later this summer. It's something to think about.

I know I don't have any children to talk about so bear with me when I talk about my Cody Pie! Yes, Cody Pie. We often sing "Cody Pie, Honey Bun". Don't ask.

4 Comments:

  • My doggie situation is about the same as yours. We got her when we were engaged and living together though, when she's in trouble, I call her by her first and MIDDLE name. I try not to feel guilty about not having another dog for her to play with, because that's just more time and resources I can spend on her. Course, the cat takes her share, but she won't have anything to do with Duchess. I don't even want to think about having to put her down. Not my baby, ain't gonna happen.

    By Blogger It's Kimpossible!, At 8:55 AM  

  • Can't comment about it, because then I would have to think about it again. Love you. Just think about a new dog in puppy stage. Do you want to go through all of that? I'm not trying to shoot down the idea. I just know you have a lot on your plate when we come back from FL. I would personally love to have another nephew. The cat was an easy fix for us. They get along, play well together, and Samson still gets the most attention. He gets so jealous. : ) Samson really doesn't get in trouble anymore, but here are his nicknames: Dog, Sam-Sam, Fat boy, Little Man. I did change his name at the vet when we got married.

    By Blogger Blue Angel, At 8:06 PM  

  • Cody has Dave's last name at the vet now, too.

    By Blogger Lucky Gem, At 11:19 PM  

  • Ok, I have a child (like you don't know.. lol) and I still feel the same way that you do about my pups and kits. They are my furbabies that poop outside and,yes Liz, like their butts.. I love 'em.
    I will tell you this, Phoenix was an only dog for only 2 years before we go Sasha and all of his bad habits have rubbed off on her, but he has gotten better... lol
    The vet bills, I don't mind because the cuddling makes up for that.
    I do not want to think about when one of them goes... :(
    Phoenix is special to me because I got him when me and Jason broke up during dating.. so he was them man of the house, Crook was my first and what turned the corner on Jason's "I don't like cats" attitude, Powder was Jason's that I took care of during college, and Sasha is our only little girl furbaby, her litter was born on my birthday, she was her dad's first valentine's present as a husband and she was the only one we looked for and bought... the others just came to us.

    By Blogger What The Hell Is This?, At 11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home