The Diary of Mrs. S

Thursday, April 20, 2006

And Breathe......

Ahhhh. That's better. I have made it through my tests for now. I have another Tuesday, but have two weeks until my finals.

So, today didn't really start out so good. The thunderstorm this morning was pretty ugly. At 8:00, it was so dark that the street lights were on. I was headed out the door to go to my test. It hadn't yet begun to rain, so I wasn't really worried. Oh, but no. Just a few minutes gone, the flood came. I mean buckets o' rain! Now, I am not one to panic when it comes to driving in rain, snow, etc. but I had to pull over because I absolutly could not see out my front window. I pulled over in a parking lot, and it started hailing. Shit! I was stuck in this crap. I didn't know what to do. I had a test! Luckily, it didn't last but for a few minutes, and I was able to truck along. Great! NO! My stupid gas light came on. F*%#! I needed gas. So, I quickly pumped $10 worth of gas because I was in a hell of a hurry. Needless to say, I did make it to class on time, and the test was a breeze!!

This is where my day gets better. My mom had told me last night that my sister had a doc appointment and no one was going to be able to be with her. I didn't want my sister to be alone when she heard the heartbeat for the first time, so I hauled ass (I only had about 25 minutes)over to the doctor's office to surprise my sister. She was so glad to see me. That's a great feeling. I'm such a good little sis, huh. So, we heard the heartbeat. Let me just tell you, I have never had that experience before. Wow, it brought a tear to my eye. I didn't think it would affect me like that. But I will never forget the sound, and I was the first aunt to hear it! What was more special was seeing my sister's big smile. Did I say it was awesome?!

I then had to drive back to school for my next class. Whew! I thought for a brief second about how expensive gas is right now, but being with my sister at that moment was priceless, and it didn't matter how much gas it took. Later tonight, I took an Organic Chemistry test. Yay! I hope it was easy because I sure thought it was.

Today was a good day! Babies really are miracles, and I am looking forward to being by my sister's side whenever she needs me. I also can't wait for her to be by my side one day. Sisters are a blessing. They are a bitch to grow up with, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I am lucky to have a sister and brothers. Yes, it's true.

1 Comments:

  • I love that I can tell you everything and that we think so much alike. : )

    By Blogger Blue Angel, At 7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home