The Diary of Mrs. S

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Five Years Too Fast

Dave and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary this past Saturday (March 18). I do have to say that it couldn't have been a better five years. We have accomplished and changed so much. I couldn't imagine life any other way. We began as total opposite's but as time has gone by, we have merged into one. We still have our own likes and dislikes (he can't stand my country music and I am too impatient to play golf), but there are so many times that we are thinking the EXACT same thing!! It happens ALOT. My response to that is "See, you can read my mind."
The traditional gift for 5 year anniversary is Wood, umm no thank you. The modern gift is silver. But who goes by that anyway. Wanna know what I got?




THIS!! No, it wasn't a surprise. I got to pick it out.








I have never been a diamond or jewerly person. Lucky for Dave, I guess. Not so fast though. I have gotten the taste and now my list keeps growing of what I want. Uh Oh!

Dave on the other hand did get something that was silver in color.


Now his third set, though the first two were cheapies. I'll never be able to keep him off the golf course now. Blue Angel, I think you and I may have alot of beach time in Florida.



On to another interesting quirk about Dave-O, as my mom calls him. It is officially Spring. Though the temperature today does not reflect that. Anyway, the grass is slowly starting to turn green and trees and flowers are in bloom. Pretty soon, the yardwork will begin. Why is this so important? Well, Dave cherishes his yard. He keeps it well groomed, very green, and has radar for any weeds trying to pollute his yard. He loves to buy fertilizer, etc for the yard. Come check out our garage. I think he secretly wants "Yard of the Month". I read a story this morning and it made me think of Dave. No, he does not want people to walk in his yard. I'm serious. But he would not EVER do this. (I don't think, j/k). Yay, I learned how to insert a link....ok. I digress.

More pictures from NY are soon to come.

2 Comments:

  • Ooooooh, aaaaaah. Pretty ring!!!!
    And eek about that article. No, I don't think Dave would ever do that.

    By Blogger Silly Hily, At 8:28 AM  

  • Jason is playing @ 7:30 on SUNDAY!!Yuck! We can spend as much time on the beach or Shopping as you want.
    Dave is a freak about his yard, but I don't think he would go that far. He may chase kids over pumpkins, but that's extreme.

    By Blogger Blue Angel, At 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home