The Diary of Mrs. S

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Memphis In May

I looked at the lineup for Memphis in May. I have NEVER, yes never, gone to the Beale Street Music Festival because I don't like being around huge crowds, muchless drunk, huge crowds. I have never had enough motivation to deal with it. Except lately, I have been feeling the urge to get out more, unless it's after working 10 hours. Bryan Adams, one of my 80's-90's favorites, will be there Friday, May 5th. (and Puddle of Mudd and Train). BUT, so will Three Six Mafia.....ummm, no thank you. Sorry guys, not a fan! So, that sucks. Also, on Sunday, May 7th Chicago will be there!! I.love.Chicago! Sunday might no be so bad. Blues Traveler will be there, too. Hmmm...is this the year to take that leap into Music Fest? I'll think about it. Anyone who has ever gone, is it worth it? Here is the rest of the line up for Music Fest Weekend.

4 Comments:

  • To me? It's not worth it. It's SOOOOO crowded and usually muddy as hell. But Chicago? If they are playing like Sunday afternoon, I would maybe suggest going then. By night, you've got thousands of crazy drunk people and I just don't have the patience anymore to deal with that. (Just my advice/opinion.)

    By Blogger Silly Hily, At 2:26 PM  

  • I've never been, but my friend and her husband used to go every year. I say used to, cause they quit going 2 years ago. They said it got to the point that you couldn't even see the concerts or hear anything very well cause of all the partiers and drunks. In short, they walked a lot, got stinky hot, sat in mud and put up with the crazies only to NOT see the band they wanted too. But, I would only think that if you really want to go, Sunday afternoon would be the best time.

    By Blogger It's Kimpossible!, At 8:25 AM  

  • I think it is settled then...I don't think I will go. I was a little apprehensive anyway. Thanks for your opinions!

    By Blogger Lucky Gem, At 11:35 AM  

  • Lucky Gem - if you don't digg crowds and aren't planning to get crunk, don't go.

    I, on the other hand, went every single year from 16 to 23. I almost got arrested when I was 16 and 23. Maybe I should blog about that. Anyway, its great fun if you are tipsy.

    My birthday is typically that weekend - as it is this year - May 5, so its always been part of my birthday celebration.

    By Blogger takinchances, At 4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home