The Diary of Mrs. S

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Where does the time go?

Six years ago on March 18, 2001, I married Mr. S. He is wonderful, he spoils me, he takes care of me, he supports me (not just financially), he is my hubby, my best friend, and truly the person I share everything with. (No kidding, we're the first ones to run home and tell the other the latest.) I couldn't be happier. (Okay, I could be finished with school for this career path.) He didn't seem the marrying kind when we met. Far from it. He was the pot smoking, alcohol drinking bachelor. I was 17 and a senior in high school, he 23, living in an apartment with a roomate. That was in 1996. I managed to con my way into his heart by the time I was 18, and into his house by the time I was 19. He graciously let me put up pictures and curtains. Finally, at 21, and living together for over a year (of course, rent free), he asked me to marry him. By then, he had been with me as I graduated high school, turned the big 18, started college, and turn the big 21. Since, he has seen me graduate college with my Bachelor's degree, try my hand at a counseling career and a real estate career, and change my mind once again and try for pharmacy school. He has seen me turn the big 25, comforted me through my pre-cancerous cells scare (of the cervix), and watched my give birth to our baby girl. I know he's going to be by my side for many more events in not only my life, but now Baby S's life. Did anybody see the first episode of Wedding Bells? There was a part where the bride asked one of the wedding planners if getting married makes you more secure about your relationship and seven years down the road, are you still as much in love. My answer, YES. Completely, totally YES!

As we sat in our private little booth at dinner last night, we talked about us. What we have shared over the past 10 years. He told me things he remembered, things I didn't think he did. We didn't talk about the future or what Baby girl will be doing in the next ten years. We just focused on the here and now. We had a great, relaxing dinner at our favorite fondue restaurant.
Before we went to dinner, we went to see Premonition. Probably not the best movie to go see on your anniversary. But, it did have a good moral to the story. It's a good movie. Go see it.

Are you thinking where is Baby S during all this? She was with my mom. They picked her up around 2:00 pm and took her to my step-dad's mom's house about an hour away. Not only was it the first time someone was going to keep her, she was going out of town. Don't worry, I had given it some thought the night before. I knew she would be in good hands (a pharmacist and a paramedic who have raised umpteenth million kids can handle an eight week old). I just was going to miss her and was afraid she would miss me. Hrmf! She did great! But, I sure was glad to see her come home around 9:30 last night. She even slept for 8 hours straight last night. EIGHT HOURS WITHOUT WAKING UP! I woke up at 5:30 and immediatly went to check on her. She was sound asleep.

We had a great anniversary, regardless of the fact that we didn't exchange gifts. We didn't need to. We have what we want.

4 Comments:

  • Happy Anniversary!! Sounds like you two had a nice day/night. As for not exchanging gifts: you're right; you don't need to. You have two of the best gifts you could've given one another...a) your love and strong committment and b) Baby S.

    Here's to another 67 years of being together and being happy and in love :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:32 AM  

  • Congrats Jana! Hope you guys have many many more!

    I'm still reeling from the fact that Chris and I will be celebrating our 2 year anniversary in just a few months!

    Sounds like you guys had a nice night!

    By Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is), At 1:20 PM  

  • What a great way to celebrate y'all as a couple. I agree about the marriage bringing security and being just as in love. I don't think forever would be long enough.

    By Blogger It's Kimpossible!, At 4:36 PM  

  • Thats awesome! Congratulations...and HAppy Anniversary...I'm glad you two had a nice evening together babyless and uninterupted! Good to hear that happy ever after is alive and doing well!!

    By Blogger Kelly, At 6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home