The Diary of Mrs. S

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Spring is in the air and in my hands apparently

Don't ya just love Spring?! Doesn't it make ya want to turn flips or maybe a backhandspring? Wait, did I just type backhandspring? Yep!

You see, I took gymnastics when I was a young kid. My sister and I were on the competition team. (I even remember a button I had that said "Made it to State in '88). Anyway, that next year my parents divorced, and we moved an hour away. That made staying at the same gym for gymnastics impossible. I wish now I had been more insistant that my mom put me back in gymnastics. While I can't still do the splits and for sure can't do a backhandspring on the beam anymore, I can still do a backhandspring. Nope, you don't need glasses. I said I can still do a backhandspring. The warm weather made me want to try it. I usually do a couple a year, just to make sure I can. It's kinda like riding a bicylcle. So, with the pressure of my 8 year old niece, I did it. I did a backhandspring in the front yard of my mom's house. I was so excited. I mean, I'm 27 and just had a baby 8 weeks ago. I might just have to do backhandsprings more often now. It's a real esteem booster.

Also, yesterday, Baby S and I took a walk around the neighborhood. It was very nice and peaceful. Never thought I would be one to walk the neighborhood with a stroller in tow. I liked it. I'm going to keep doing it, but next time in shorts. Whew, it got hot! (Kellie, I know you are wishing you had our 80 degree weather!)

I go back to work Saturday. I am only going to work two days a week though. I really like being home with Baby S and playing with my sister and Eva during the day. I also like my job and my customers are asking about me. It's a good chance for me to get out of the house without Baby S (as much as I'll miss her) and for me to make some play money and not feel guilty for shopping all the time.

Speaking of shopping, I thought I was going to have to shop for new shorts this summer. I went through my drawer last night, and I can still wear several of my shorts. Though, they are a little tighter, but I won't have to wear a belt with them this year. I was very happy about that. Maybe with the backhandsprings and walking, they'll losen up.

I think that's about it for now. I need to get ready while my Lovey is asleep. My sister and I are taking the girls in their matching Old Navy outfits to see the Easter Bunny at the mall.

I call Baby S "Lovey". She's just so sweet.

5 Comments:

  • I do love spring. But only because it means summer is that much closer.

    Good luck going back to work. You'll be just fine. JUST FINE!! :-)

    By Blogger Isabel, At 10:00 AM  

  • I DO want your weather--it's 31 here today and windy. Good times.

    Congrats on going back to work--Lovey will be fine and so will you :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 2:47 PM  

  • You are so lucky you have a two day a week gig. That is a perfect schedule if you ask me! You are also sooo lucky you fit into youre old shorts 8 weeks out...it took me a full year to lose the weight with Lucy. Congrats! :)

    By Blogger Sarah, At 9:04 AM  

  • A back handspring? Nice! Going back will be hard at first, but it won't take long until you are in a nice routine and you will be glad to be among adults periodically.

    By Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is), At 12:20 PM  

  • Yeah on the backhandspring! Good for you!! Good luck going back to work! Its nice to know your missed and appreciated huh?

    Can I share in your nice weather too! Today it hit almost 55..haha I refused to wear a coat!! It's spring dammit!

    By Blogger Kelly, At 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home