The Diary of Mrs. S

Friday, November 03, 2006

Wanna Play A Game?

Let's play "Guess all the places Mrs. S has tossed her cookies while being pregnant". You don't really have to guess, but I will tell you where. Of course, there's home. Oh, how personal I got with my toilets at home. I owe them big time for making me feel so welcome. Then, there is Fudpuckers in Destin, FL. I really tried hard to avoid meeting that toilet, but it was the day we had driven down, so being on the road all day was rough. Thank you Blue for getting me the free coke! Then, there was The Crab Trap in Destin. That was the last night we were there. I guess holding it in all week finally backfired. Hrmf! Though, those experiences made me indifferent to where I was if that "feeling" came over me again. And it did.....at work....in the public bathroom. Yuck, but you do what you gotta do, right? Then, my sister had just moved into her house that day, and I got up close and personal with her toilet. So, where am I going with this? Now, I can add the doctor's office to my list.
Today was my glucose test for gestational diabetes. Mr. S was sweet enough to fix me eggs and bacon for breakfast. I drank my "yummy" orange glucola on the way to my appointment. I got it down with no problem. I even felt okay after I drank it. My doctor did her thing (oh, I gained 6 pounds in three weeks, Oops! Actually, doc was fine with that) and sent me to wait until the hour had passed from me finishing my drink.
I did it! I hit the one hour mark......barely. I spewed at the one hour mark, but I had the drink in me for one hour. I was terrified of having to start over with the whole process. Thank heavens I did not!! The doc said it had been in my system long enough and to go ahead and draw the blood.
So, that was followed by the RhoGam shot, which actually wasn't bad. Nothing like a shot in the ass to round out the morning!

4 Comments:

  • Aww, you poor thing. I didn't have any morning sickness with either of my pregnancies, so I really don't know what it's like, but I can imagine. Hopefully that will go away soon!

    By Blogger Rachel (Crazy-Is), At 1:53 PM  

  • Not to add insult to injury BUT you forgot about our outing to the movies.

    Ryan will be a wonderful little girl and you'll be so glad that you went through it all to have her.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:16 PM  

  • Oh, yeah....out the door of Chrissy's truck on Brother Blvd. and in a plastic bag in my car at school.

    By Blogger Lucky Gem, At 10:09 AM  

  • lol.. I am glad you kept it down for an hour... I will keep you updated to see if I do..

    Oh, and the weight gain.. honey, you need it..lol..
    Love you

    By Blogger What The Hell Is This?, At 4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home