The Diary of Mrs. S

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

11 weeks 3 days

Went to the doctor today. I told my husband he didn't have to go because all she was going to do was listen for the heartbeat, and since we had already heard it with the original ultrasound, I didn't figure he would be missing much. The doc took out her little hand held device and began prodding around for the heartbeat. Nothing. She told me not to worry, sometimes it takes a while to find it.......still nothing. Then she remembered that my uterus is tilted back, so she comforted me a little when she said that I would probably need to have an ultrasound done because the heartbeat is too far away for the little device. Okay, so I felt better but still a little...okay, a lot....concerned.

So, the girl starts the ultrasound, and right away we see the heartbeat. Whew! She showed me the hands and a knee. She is a great ultrasound tech girl (what's the technical name?). We did lots of looking. She said everything looked perfect. Heartbeat was 163. I got another picture. I hope Dave isn't disappointed that he wasn't there. The tech said to bring a VHS tape with me everytime, just in case of another surprise ultrasound. I don't think I will find out the sex at my next appointment. I will only be 15 weeks. The tech today really wanted to be able to tell.

Oh, the nurse went to weigh me, and I said "I'm sure I'm over 100 lbs now." So, she went to 100. Um, nope. Still haven't gained any weight. My clothes are starting to fit tighter, I just still don't eat as much. It's getting better though!!! I usually can eat, just small portions. Not quite up to what I used to eat. I used to could eat a regular combo meal at Backyard Burger. Now, I can't even finish a Kids Wacky Pak meal. Slowly, but surely and when the weight starts adding, I know you'll be laughing!

3 Comments:

  • First off.. don't scare the shit out of me like that again!!!!!

    BTW, I say GIRL!

    By Blogger What The Hell Is This?, At 9:44 PM  

  • Oooooooh 163 is a pretty fast heartbeat. Is that why Casey guessed GIRL?

    By Blogger Silly Hily, At 3:39 PM  

  • You'll be gaining weight in no time. Feel free to name a stretch mark after me if you want. I don't think anyone'll make fun of a stretch mark. Anyhow, enjoy your twizzlers. I haven't had any for a minute now. Actually getting off my ass a little here and there.

    By Blogger atom842, At 4:24 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home